Saturday, January 10, 2015

Do My Actions Show That He Blesses?

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace."  Numbers 6:24-26 NIV

I love this verse.  And not because Pastor Robert Furrow has quoted it multiple times from the pulpit but because it accurately depicts how God blesses.  These six (6) actions of God have all played out in my life and I am sure yours as well.  Just take a moment to soak in all that God does:
* Blesses you
* Keeps you
* Makes His face to shine on you
* Is gracious to you
* Turns His face to you
* Gives you peace

Amazing right?  If I allow these truths to penetrate my heart then what will my actions look like on a good or bad day?
K N E E S   T O   T H E   E A R T H 

What does that mean?  Aside from being an amazing worship song, it is a lifestyle choice. When God works all things for the good or life brings me to my knees, my response should always be the same, "Jesus, How Can I Bless Your Heart Today?"  He shows us in the verse above what He is giving us each day so how can we not want to be a blessing to others.  On our knees it is hard to walk away from God or be prideful. And on our knees we show reverence for God and exalt Him for all He is and does. This simple action is a way to reflect the truth that God still blesses.  

As you open your eyes on Sunday morning and prepare for your day, remember that the Lord still blesses and keeps you; He will make His face shine on you and will be gracious to you; He sees you and all that you are facing and will give you peace in all circumstances. 

Heavenly Father, I thank you for being majestic and intimate with me. You truly bless and keep me in the palm of Your hand. You light my way and with Your Spirit You shine brightly in my darkest moments. Thank You for being gracious to me every day of my life. Every morning help me to remember that You desire to turn Your face towards me as I seek You out. Remind forgetful me that You see everything that happens in my day and You will provide peace that surpasses all understanding.  I love You, Lord. As my feet hit the ground in the morning, let the first words out of my mouth be, "Jesus, how can I bless Your heart today?" Amen.  

Soundtrack: Knees to the Earth by Watermark
http://youtu.be/l5gd3mnQNBc

No comments:

Post a Comment