Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Preparing Our Hearts



Preparing Our Hearts

Welcome to 2015!  We are five weeks away from starting our Spring Bible Study and I thought it would be great to prepare our hearts for the upcoming study.

Last year I had the opportunity to pray with a good friend about some circumstances she was facing.  God laid on my heart two questions for her but as situations evolved in my own life, I realized that those questions were meant for me as well.  I want to pose those same questions to you:
Do You Believe God Is Who HE Says HE Is?
I think all of us have the same response: “Without a doubt, absolutely, no hesitation, a resounding YES!”

Here’s the heart check:  Do My Actions Reflect This Belief? 
Sure, give me an easy day where my app and program dashboards are all green from meeting my goals, my husband and I are on the same page, my kids listen intently to every word exiting my mouth, my work thinks I am irreplaceable and everyone loves being around me.  I could easily say at that point, “Oh Yeah! My actions are beaming out that I believe God is who HE says HE is.”  But when life hurts and it’s hard, do my actions radiate the response my heart so desires?  “Without a doubt, absolutely, no hesitation, a resounding no.”

As I begin my own journey in 2015, I personally invite you to dig a little deeper with me into this desire for our actions to reflect a heart that fully trusts and believes God is who HE says HE is.  

God is many things but I am going to focus on seven (7) attributes which are based on Revelation 7:12:
“They sang, ‘Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength belong to our God forever and ever! Amen.’”

·        Do my actions show that HE blesses?
·        Is HE glorified through my actions?
·        Do I seek HIS wisdom?
·        Am I thankful to HIM in all things?
·        Is HE honored in everything I do?
·        Do I believe in HIS power?
·        Is HE strong enough?

Like our picture above, pull up a chair and (virtually) sit with me as we look at God’s beauty all around us and answer the question of our heart:
Do my actions reflect a heart that believes GOD is who HE says HE is?

For His Renown,
Michelle Guevara
Abiding Women Online Facilitator

No comments:

Post a Comment