Monday, December 8, 2014

Week Twelve: Love Never Fails (Chapter Eleven)

In the Preface of Cynthia's book, she she posed these four questions to herself and us as the readers:
* Could I really learn to love as Jesus loved? 
* What exactly would that look like?
* Could I actually grow in this love so that it would become part of my daily life? 
* What would this godly love cost me?  

I have learned to love like Jesus and even as I write this, I am still learning. I love how Andy Mineo defines it:"I'm just a product of grace that is still in the process and I don't gotta be great because my God is." I have come quite far in these past twelve weeks but I am not perfect. I am still learning to love others - yes even those EGN (Extra Grace Needed) folks that spring into my life from time to time. Is it possible to love like Jesus? Absolutely. Is Christ-like love real? Without a doubt. What does it cost? My pride - you know that desire to be right and heard and seen. Loving others the way that Jesus loves means I need to let go of putting myself first and really live that J-O-Y lifestyle (Jesus First, Others Second, you last).

I want to pose one question to you.  What love is there that never fails, gives up, runs out and yet overwhelms and satisfies your soul?  Check out the link below for the answer:
http://youtu.be/GoYgi0sdOqc

As you reflect on these past twelve weeks, I hope your life has been transformed and that the Creator of your heart has shown you that He can make all things new.  As you get ready to close out 2014 and start a new journey in 2015, may you walk with humility, love everyone genuinely, be transparent, truthful, encouraging and accepting of all that come across your path.

It has been an honor and a privilege to take this Journey with Jesus alongside of each of you.  Now may we go and live For His Renown...

No comments:

Post a Comment